Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 6

Hola,

We have a really busy day ahead of us so I probably wont be writing to much for this week.This is the last P-Day of the transfer so there is a lot to get done so I have less time on email this week. Transfer news did come in though, and I am staying here in Ventana Ranch with Elder Davis which I was excited about. So I will go ahead and give a very brief overview of some of the past week.

- We were finally able to get ahold of Sonia, the lady that found us while we were walking and told us about her husband leaving. It turns out that she took her daughters out to California for a little vacation and was gone for the majority of that week. But last week we caught her at home and she invited us right in to teach her and her daughters. It went really well despite the little bit of language barrier and her daughters seemed really excited. We went back later in the week, a couple days ago, and this time we brought a member with us that is from Mexico. We did some of the teaching in English and then she did some of the teaching in Spanish. She did amazing, which wasn't surprising since she had served a mission in Mexico right after she was converted. By the end Sonia was in tears again and agreed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.

- Another set of missionaries had a baptism last week. It was a man that has been meeting with the missionaries for about two years now so it was pretty exciting. I met him a couple days prior because Elder Davis did the interview with him and he seemed so ready to get baptized. We talked for a little while after his interview and then I got a call the next day telling me that he wanted me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost at his baptism. It went incredible and the spirit was extremely strong.

I wanted to say more, but my comp just told me we have to get going, so I better close this one. Ill say more next time though :-)

Love you all!

Elder Inman

Elder Inman's email address while serving is: david.inman@myldsmail.net

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are still doing well. And I know you are busy (which is a good thing) and I am glad you take the time to keep us all updated. Take care! We love you!
    ~Sheralan

    ReplyDelete