Monday, June 27, 2011

Awesomeness

Hi Everyone,

This week was sooo incredible! It felt like the Lord opened heaven up and poured so many blessings upon us, although I am still hoping rain will be one of those blessings soon for Las Cruces' sake. I have a lot to tell you about so I will go ahead and jump into it.

Our zone has been very blessed as of late with our tremendous success so we decided to do a zone fast on Sunday in thanks, and to ask for even more blessings and miracles to come. As Elder Karren and I were on our way to our second ward we noticed someone on the side of the road struggling to change a tire so we pulled over to offer help. They accepted gladly and I wish I could have seen what it looked like from the outside with Elder Karren in his 3 piece suit and me in my blue silk one climbing under a truck to get the spare tire. The spare was not releasing correctly so we ended up spending 2 hours working to get them back on the road, and we were working in 108 degree weather. When we finally got them going we exchanged numbers so we could meet up for lunch some time and then we arrived to church 5 minutes after it ended. Elder Karren and I both had to lay down for a few minutes because heat exhaustion hit us pretty hard and then we got up and went to dinner.

That same day we were blessed to have 6 investigators come to church! Sam, Brite, and Joseph are all roommates from Nigeria going to school here who we found because their door was open when we walked by and we started to talk. At the end up Gospel Principles one of them asked a great question considering we have not even taught them the restoration yet. He said that if he is going to be a member of this church he needs to be an active one and intends to teach others about it, so he wanted to know what sets us apart from the other churches. Wow, that is the dream question I love to hear! We briefly bore testimony and set up a time to teach them after church. In our lesson after church they told us of the anti material that exists in Africa, which is even worse then here, and said that now they believe it is a result of ignorance. They are wanting to be baptized the 16th of this month and want to learn as much as they can so they will be able to explain it to their families back home. They are some of the most amazing people I have ever met and am sure they will become very powerful members of Christ's church.

There is so much more that has happened and I have fallen in love with the people of Las Cruces. If it was greener here I would consider living here some day :-) This Saturday transfer news is coming and my chances of staying to see these amazing people enter the waters of baptism is very slim since I have already been here for 6 months. I have been so blessed on my mission to have all amazing companions and I have loved every area I have served in. I don't feel I will ever have any stories about horrific areas or companions that I almost killed. I am so amazed with how blessed I have been!

Love,
Elder Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment