Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brrrr

Note from mom: We received a letter from David's mission president and he has been made Zone Leader...could explain why he's exhausted:-)

 These are mostly just my comp, Elder Yardely, and I having some fun after we got in for the night and we had no power so we lit a bunch of tealight candles.



 The first is Taylor's Baptism with a few of her friends and the second is a goofy pics my comp took of me :-)


Hola,


We ended up having some really cold weather here last week. Probably nothing compared to what most people were, and are, going through but for Las Cruces New Mexico it was out of the ordinary. In fact it has not been as cold as it was last week since before 1962, and we were not well prepared for it. We left our hot water running all day and our pipes still froze leaving us without running water for several days, and then our power was out for extended amounts of time so our apartment was very chilly, and dark, for a while. The first day it really got cold I was on an exchange with another missionary and was in his area for the day. I didn't know the temperature was going to drop so rapidly so I didn't bring any special winter clothing. I also didn't know we would be biking because their car was gone. We ended up having a great time and getting a lot accomplished anyway, and a lot of people got a good laugh watching us ride to and from appointments as snow accumulated all over us.

This week feels like one of the fastest in my mission so far with all we had to fit into it. We had exchanges, training, Zone Correlation, Stake President Coordination, Stake Conference, Taylor's baptism, and of course finding and teaching like every other week. I enjoyed all of it but the crowning event was definitely the baptism, which was amazing. Even with the bad weather we had all of the chairs filled and quite a few people standing in the back because we couldn't fit more chairs. Taylor felt the Spirit so strong that she had tears rolling down her cheeks for the majority of the time and I am sure everyone else present was uplifted as well. It is so incredible to see people in all stages of life chose to accept the Gospel and, without exception, see the joy that accompanies worthily making such a sacred covenant.

I love my mission! There has never been a time in my life that I have been this consistently happy and filled with love. I wake up every morning excited for the day and then lay down exhausted at the end of the day thankful for where I am and the people I am called to serve. I had no idea how amazing it would feel to be dedicated every day, all day, to the Lord's work and am ever more thankful that I was able to come out here as a full time missionary.

Love,

Elder Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment