Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whooooo!!

(from 1/3/2012)

Hola,


This week was a little... BORING! My companion, Elder Davenport got
sick Christmas day and has not recovered since then. We went out to
visit an investigator family and ended up getting their child sick so
now we are home bound and are not supposed to leave unless it is
really important. So here is my summery of the entire past week:
Wake-up, workout, shower, eat, study, study, study, workout again,
eat, study, study, study, eat, sleep. I have high hopes that this week
turns out much more eventful! On the bright side though, I am feeling
pretty good after extra workout sessions and after so many hours of
study I have learned some really cool things.

Lova ya!

Elder Inman

(this weeks 1/09/2012)

Hey everyone,

So this week was barely more productive then our last because Elder
Davenport has still been ill. There were a couple times we thought he
was close enough to being better that we would go out and work, but
then the exertion would just push him back into being even more sick
the next day. I think he is almost completely better now though and we
should be able to have an incredible week of work coming up. With so
much time spent at home I have been able to get some great study
sessions in and despite my companions illness have still been blessed
with some powerful spiritual experiences and fun insights into the
gospel of Christ. The Lord must really want me to learn the scriptures
because looking back on my mission this is the third companion that
has been sick or injured which has given me weeks of extra study.
Maybe if I learned the doctrines faster my companions would be
healthier :-)

During some of the little time that we did have to go out and work we
were blessed with an awesome miracle that still makes me want to jump
and shout with joy, which I have already done a couple of times.
During my few months in Rivers Edge I have grown very close to the
Kent family. Bro Kent grew up a member of the church but because of
different circumstances, and lately family illnesses and emergencies,
he has not been able to attend church as often as he would like. His
wife loves the church and has taken the lessons several times but has
never had a good opportunity to be baptized. Their family is very
active and loves sports so we had a difficult time getting a hold of
them when I first got here. An opportunity to sit down with them and
get to know them finally presented itself in the form of a high school
football game, which I certainly didn't mind attending, and since then
we have become really good friends.

Just the other day we went over and helped them set up a new ping pong
table that Santa Clause dropped of on Christmas and I had another
opportunity to win a couple games and pretend I know what I'm doing.
Saturday morning we went to watch their kids basketball game and on
the way out Sister Kent mentioned how she wanted to be sealed as a
family by their next years marriage anniversary, which means she needs
to be baptized within the next couple months. She wanted to do it
before I go home so she is being baptized the 28th, my very last
weekend as a missionary, by her husband who is receiving the
priesthood this next Sunday!!!! They have been attending church every
Sunday for the past 4 weeks, the ward loves them, and they are so
ready for this! Ahhhhh, I'm so absolutely excited. I can think of no
better way to finish my mission then to be part of her baptism and
know that they are on their way to becoming an eternal family, which I
hope and pray I will be able to travel down to be a part of a year
from now :D

I have been so blessed!

Elder David Inman

No comments:

Post a Comment